Wednesday, June 6, 2012

THUMBS HIGH SANTA CRUZ

EVERY HITCHHIKERS GREATEST FEAR

I know that safety is on everyones mind. Some people tell me they will never hitchhike because they heard some story about a girl who got killed in a car in Santa Cruz. I thought about this and decided to a little research. What really happened to deter a nation to avoid hitchhiking? It wasnt just one event, but there is one story that I think is important to note. 

DISCLAIMER: this event happened 30 years ago and we should not view it as if it was current. Refer to my safety guidelines in a previous post before going in a car. 

My friend Sean McCain sent me this article on Wikipedia about a serial killer named Edmund Kemper who picked up hitchhikers at UC Santa Cruz and Cabrillo College.

 EDMUND KEMPER, SERIAL KILLER

The article is terrifying to read, especially if your a UCSC student; its very easy to put yourself in their shoes. 

keep throwing up your thumbs, 

THUMBS HIGH SANTA CRUZ

Good luck with finals!

No comments:

Post a Comment